Thursday, October 11, 2007

what does this have to do anything with anything... go figure!

when someone asks you, “are you excited to visit a place”… what does dat mean…

i dunno… this is a question dat has been posed to me over and over again for the past couple of weeks by various ppl I know… to provide background on that… well it’s been four years since I’ve been to “homeland”… and yes m embarkin on dat trip in less than 24 hrs… so which brings me back to the original question… m I excited???

excited yes… but m not so sure if I cud say dat coz I was visitin the place or meeting ppl… somehow of late it has dawned on me, that the importance of a place loses most of its value if the “people” associated with the place that you have in your memory no longer reside there… I mean try going back to your hometown when none of your high school buddies are around there anymore…what would u do… who wud u hang out with… yes u’ll prob b happy for a day or two or maybe a week dependin on ur personality, but sooner or later u r bound 2 realize that if the ppl r not there that place really doesn’t mean a whole lot anymore… in my mind the place then becomes nothing more than a tourist place, which a person is always excited to visit but would not want to spend the rest of life in…

I guess no matter how deeply one loves a place, the mind always moves on after a while… for some it takes days for some years, but for sure it moves on… if that were not true, we probably wouldn’t be seeing the flux of humans criss-crossing the globe today…

No comments: